my new friend.


hazel. Posted by Picasa

so. it's not the best picture. i don't want to freak my new friend out by blinding her with the flash a bunch of times.

anyway. hazel is my new rat friend. she likes spinach and sweaters. (we make a good pair.) she's not too excited about me picking her up yet. but i think she's just unsure.

as am i. i don't really know that much about taking care of a rat. i've got the basics down: food. water. shelter. kindness. hehe. but other than that i get nervous. i am thinking about buying a book. i've spent a lot of time on the internet looking at rat care websites. or trying to find good rat care websites. i also ask eq a lot of questions. she helps me out with my concerns. which is nice of her. hehe.

woo. hazel. awesome.

(oh. and i got a rat because my landlord denied all dogs over ten pounds and cats entirely. he hasn't been told about hazel yet. ha. i'm not sure when he'll become privy to that information. oh. and don't tell him either.)

Comments

shavizzle said…
looks like she likes your marsupial sweater as much as you do.
~Bungalow Bill~ said…
That is a cute rat. Hazel, hmmm. Do you need a steel cage? Do rats chew their way out of their homes?
Hope you didn't pay for that rat!!! I have millions of them I can get for free - straight out of the New York Subway! The best part is, they are resistant to most forms of Rat Poison, due to near constant exposure and ingestion for many years!

Just kidding. Your rat looks real cool! I'm jealous, especially since my idea for a pet hamster was shot down.
No posts lately..too busy with your new responsibility..hehe...bring her to visit..we can go meet Jodie's cats...just kidding..hehehe

Popular Posts