handstands in central park

i was lucky to have spent a week in new york with my sister.. it should've been 8 days, but as you can see from the photos below, it snowed too much in reno before/during my departure time.. i spent a little over five hours (including over an hour boarding/sitting on the runway/deboarding the plane) at the reno-tahoe international airport.. i was disappointed when i had to change my flight to the following day, we had a short window where we could've made it out but the plane we were to use was late getting to the airport and so we just missed it.

i took a few pictures from my window seat whilst waiting to see if the de-icing/anti-icing the plane is all for naught. this is just before the chemicals washed the snow off of my window:




but i did make it over to the east coast the next day.. during the week my sister and i went to central park.. i've been to new york a few times before, but i've never been inside the massive place.. we sat on a bench and learned about hibernating turtles (i'm a fan of the ol' iphone.) and did handstands and played checkers.. (there's a place The Chess House or something like that where you can trade your driver's license/i.d. for a set of checkers or chess pieces.) i haven't played in years and neither had my Big Sis.. but that didn't stop me from winning!


my bounty:



i was on a mission to get a picture of myself doing a handstand in central park. i realized how long it's been since i've even tried to do this acrobatic move when i had to try several times to really get a good one.

but i like the photos from the first couple tries better. (they're better when you click on them and they get bigger)

here's mine:


here's Big Sis's:


that's where you would've found me last week. i think she'll be posting photos from the past week over on her blogaroo.. check it out..

Comments

Mike said…
Sweet handstands! And thx for the postcard! New York is next on our list for a visit for sure.

Popular Posts