work


(taken with my nikon. woo!)

this photo reminds me of my pa. getting up really early in the morning to leave for the mine with his igloo lunch box and returning late in the evening with boots covered in mud.


i picked up five rolls of film from gordon's yesterday. thank goodness i had a birthday gift card in hand (thanks brother!) to help with the cost. the development process is so anxiety-ridden, from the minute i drop the rolls off to the second before i rip open the envelopes. it's difficult. i worry each and every time that i didn't load my film correctly, ruined the whole roll, or did something in my picture-taking process to screw everything up.

but i'm proud to say i have a whole stack of my favorites already separated from the whole pile and have even put two up in frames (birthday present frames from the awesome eQ.) on my wall. there are some good shots, a few i'd even consider submitting to Shooting the West next year. so that's exciting.

and i'm starting to get a good idea of how to use my camera. it's a costly way to find out what settings just don't work out on the Jungo Flats or how rushing through focusing really isn't a good idea, but i'm starting to feel pretty comfortable with my heavy nikon. i even think i can load it right almost every time!

so that's where you'll find me now. sifting through prints.

Comments

stereo said…
back when i worked as a "photolab assistant" at (A)CofI, the best advice steve ever gave me was that "film is cheap, but the perfect shot is priceless."

Popular Posts