..as long as it's talking with you


(wet and yellow) Posted by Hello

talk of the weather will do..

(the first person to name that song gets a super high five from me)

so. this picture is blurry. it was raining when i took it, and i was desperately trying to wipe off the lens to get a photo of this tree. it was one of those "i want a picture of a yellow tree no matter what it really looks like kinds of things". so there you are.

yesterday i did my ACT job in the rain. thankfully my Team Leader had a waterproof jacket for me to borrow. it was wet. wet and cold. people answering the door looked at me like i was insane for being outside in the rain. my corduroys soaked up all kinds of rain, my gloves were soaked and i was cold.

but that's why they pay me the big bucks, i s'pose.

i saw snow today. this morning it was on the cars, in inches piled up on the roofs and hoods. this afternoon it was in the air. this evening it's on the mountain and hilltops. snow. in october. in nevada. thank you global warming. heh.

so i guess it's time to get my heavy coat, sweaters and rain jacket from the folks' house. i just have to find a time when i can do that. or find someone going from there to here or here to there to here.

when it's gray and wet, this city starts to remind me of belfast. especially when i'm walking around. i miss belfast and its wetness. and its people. and its guinness. heh.

brrr. time to put the kettle on.

Comments

revolutionary45 said…
built to spill - the weather

been on a b.t.s. kick.

welcome to reno. next week it will be 90 degrees out.

found where you've been hiding,

your bro.
~Bungalow Bill~ said…
They are at the cleaners, your sweaters that is.
Anonymous said…
oh my god! do you know zach braff?? ha ha. e.

Popular Posts