maundering.

Word of the Day for Monday October 18, 2004

maunder \MON-duhr\, intransitive verb:
1. To talk incoherently; to speak in a rambling manner.
2. To wander aimlessly or confusedly.

how appropriate. that's like my whole life or something.

[my jobs and school have worn me out. and i've caught the bug going around, i think. and that makes me. maunderly. er. something. ]

it rained today. that was nice. really nice. there's nothing like the smell of nevada when it gets wet. and the lightning in reno was very very odd. it lit up the sky in neon colors. so instead of just brightening the sky it also turned it a few shades of bright green and blue. i have no idea why this was happening, but it was neat. a little more magical. it made my sickness feel a little better.

i talked to my old roommates jon and sam the other night, really late. i miss those boys and all of their madness. i almost miss them threatening to break my stuff and giving me shit for every single little thing i did. (it was nice to hear that for a while. ha.) they both sounded kind of worried about me, though. which is nice. i was at home on a friday night writing a paper on existential psychology. so i can understand a little why they were worried. sam asked about my imaginary boyfriend (whom he made up, since i didn't have one, so he could tease me about having a boyfriend.) and jon told me i wasn't chill and i should be chill.

just like the old days.

so yeah.


(p.s. what's an intransitive verb??)





Comments

Anonymous said…
an intransitive verb cannot stand alone. It needs a following word, ie about, to, in, etc to give it significance. For example, Transitive - the man kicks the can. Intransitive, the can is kicked BY the man.
Because you need the buy, it is intransitive.

yours truly,
The anonymous linguist, qui est venu ici par hazard.
Bonne soiree.

Popular Posts