mi cara




so. i needed a new photo of my face for my burning man ID. the morsa jones photo featured on the last two years' was a terribly cropped photo taken from my driver's license. to i asked mr. z to click a few shutters of my mug. while the one chosen is not the one you see above, i think i liked it second best. (even though i'm trying my hardest to keep my eyes open with the bright bright sun shining directly in them.)

reno felt like los angeles today. it was hazy and muggy. and while i've spent only a short time in the city of angels, it was my first thought when i hit the road.

we've officially entered into Fire Season 2006. that's what the television told me. they've created A Graphic and everything. there are over 100,000 acres burning across nevada and we're getting smoke from california as well. (can't those darned californians just leave us the hell alone?!? now there's a border we need to secure. ha. just kidding.)

recently i was witness to a musical group called The Crooked Jades. i was enchanted.. transported to another time where songs are traded like stories and handshakes. real old timey. only these aren't just the traditional songs from appalachia or the deep south. some of their songs have only just been written but sound as if they were written a hundred years ago. it's a beauty to see people still carrying on these old traditions, trying to keep the roots, the history of this place alive. at any rate, it was a beautiful thing and i'm glad i drove about five hours altogether to see it. thanks to the ol' GBAE.

so there it is. my face. fires. and tunes. and remember - old time is not a crime.

Comments

Zack Sheppard said…
Somehow I knew you would like the non Photoshoped one.

Me, I figure, if you got pretty eyes, why let them go to waste ;)
~Bungalow Bill~ said…
Very nice face!

I'm thinking the Crooked Jades may be my favorite performance at the Martin. Their first show was awesome, and so was the recent show. Tonight they are at The Musician in Leicester,UK.

Popular Posts