dirty clothes


dirty and badly framedPosted by Hello

so. this is a photo of the first roll of film i took with my camera sans help from the light meter. (it's mysteriously not working and i haven't had the chance to get it looked at, as of yet.)

i was quite fond, i'm not sure why, of this pair of jeans and its shirt. left in the snowpile on the side of the road. this wasn't too long after the second big snowfall of the new year. i really wanted these clothes to whisper to me the answers to my questions. i asked them. who discarded you? no response. drunken crazy teenager? nothing. why aren't you on your person? silence. i wanted to know the story. now i'm stuck with making one up in my head. i see images of a mostly naked person shivering up the street. at night. maybe smiling to himself, i don't know.

anyway. i'm not too happy with the actual photo. the frame of the shot isn't right. i took two, and the other is very slightly blurry. just enough to bother me. i enjoy the clothes, though, i do. am thinking i need a fancier way to put photos up. a gallery of some kind. hm.

other than the pants, things are fine. i saw a dentist today. (am pretty anxious about visits to the dentist. the sound really really bothers me. and the pain as well. on the medical history form i had to fill out, i checked the "fears visits to the dentist" box with a very solid X.) i need my wisdom teeth pulled and cavities filled. but. that's my life. i can't wait to get to the optometrist.

anyhoo. i need to practice conducting a choir piece for class tomorrow. oh the joys of graduate school.

Comments

Zach Hagadone said…
From expertise gleaned off the world's leading blind UFO expert, I can say without much doubt that the "Empty Clothes in a Snowbank Phenomena" fits solidly within classic abduction scenarios. This, my friend, was no accident. Believe.

Popular Posts