...Hunter S. Thompson...

yes. i'm sure we've all heard by now, what with nearly every internet media source covering it as well as every program on NPR finishing off segments with words about Hunter Thompson's life. I read the news last night on The Guardian and found myself shocked but not too surprised to hear of his death..

The Rum Diary.. (yes.. many will scoff at the mere mention of this book.. but i found it an appropriate start..) was one of the first books i picked off the shelf upon my return to the public library as a teenager. fear and loathing in las vegas kept me from homesickness during my christmas in manchester, far from the desert i grew up in..

but whenever i hear the name Hunter S. Thompson i think of my dear friend hagadone. he is the one of the only people i've known that has, i think, really understood what Thompson was trying to say..

so. i'll let him say it.



Comments

Zach Hagadone said…
oh sims, i wish you were here. it's 11:53 p.m. and i'm drunk as a skunk on wild t. and god knows what else. my friend ben is here -- closest thing to hst that i've ever known. we've been "waking" for Him all night. Ah, sadness. I've been receiving calls all day like it was a Death in the Familly. I'm sad. Indeed. hope all is well, Gods Bless (Pagan, of course). Love, Love, Love. (ps., only one eye works at the moment... the Right One. Cazart!).

Popular Posts