hearos and vicodin

so. as blogger has prevented me from editing my other post with the bruise picture on it, i'll just have to start another'ne. plus as the "anonymous" commenter noted, conclusions drawn on the other side of what really happened are a little more fun.

but. i'm here to ruin it.

let's start chronologically. birthday was fun. i went out to a delicious dinner at cafe d'thai. yum. vegetarian pad thai with vanilla infused cognac (i'm not sure exactly what the addition of the vanilla to the cognac was all about, but it was pretty good.. a bit sweet, though..) for dessert. yum. a bunch of my pals and i having a nice dinner in a nice restaurant is just about all i need to celebrate my last twenty-four years of life.

we went to a bar called the green room and saw this afro/cuban sort of band play.. they were pretty good.. we also went next door and listened to some djs spin and had a pretty damn fine time.. ended the night, of course with breakfast at somewhere around four a.m. - some had corned beef and hash, some had a bacon and cheese omellette, some had a cheeseburger, some had some side dishes like bacon, hash browns and salsa.. i opted for wheat toast.. and i'm glad.. and i think my stomach was really glad the next day.. i woke up feeling just fine...

sunday night was where the hearos come in.. my apartmentmate and i (she purchased me a ticket for my birthday, what a gal!) went and saw modest mouse play.. we met up with a few other pals and stood very close to the stage.. i had a few agro moments.. kids these days don't really seem to know what "moshing" is anymore.. not that this was a concert right for that sort of activity.. but.. they seem to think just pushing back and forth in large waves of people is moshing.. they were doing more oceanic moves, leaning back and forth like seaweed caught in a drift.. with a few here and there throwing elbows and knees.. didn't make sense to me.. and i've moved on to a more relaxed concert attendance policy.. i'd rather stand somewhere away from all of the nonsense and actually pay more attention to the band playing than to whether or not my friend irene is being trampled.. so after a while the apartmentmate and i made our move out of the chaos and back to where we could still see the band and enjoy the show.. overall.. it was great.. i like them a lot.. and after a short break came on and played some old favorites.. and with the help of the hearos, i don't have that paranoia that i've done permanent damage to my ears and will be able to hear when my clarinetists are out of tune.. y'know.. once i become a music educator and all that...

onto the vicodin!

i woke up early on monday and was driven over to carson by the lovely z.. knowing, i think, that i was a bit nervous and apprehensive about the idea of surgery, he put on some david cross and the tension was diluted by his comedy.. he's a funny, funny guy.. and the only famous person i've ever talked to.. thanks to some airplane malfunction in the los angeles airport.. anyhoo..

i was (after writing a fat check) given some nitrous and the doctor after two tries (the first giving me a healthy bruise) hooked me up, literally ha, to an iv and off i went to the land of the deeply sedated. there's one moment i remember from my oral surgery - a flash of open mouth with metal utensils or some sort of instruments pulling shit out of my mouth.. this could be completely fabricated of course.. merely a dream.. for the next three hours i managed to laugh once and cry intensely for the rest, really.. before i had the vicodin the pain was pretty bad.. but when z filled it and came to the rescue, things were much better.. oh wisdom teeth extraction.. the worst part was the gauze refills done every twenty minutes or so.. ack.. i think my jaw will be sore for a while from having to keep my mouth not closed all of the way.. well.. on top of having it cranked open to get the damn teeth out... in my drowsiness from the deep sedation i forgot to ask if i could keep them and put them on a necklace, as was suggested by my older brother.. haha.. so i could tell everyone i got them in 'nam..

speaking of the older brother.. his birthday is today..

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLDER BROTHER!!

anyway. i'm recovering. obviously i'm not doing too shabby if i'm spending time updating my blog. heh. i thought i'd take the moments in between the vicodin fog to write something.

so. that's where you'll find me now.

Comments

Zach Hagadone said…
Lord almighty. That was a post.

Once more (I sent an e-mail - late) Happy Birthday Sarasims. I drew you something that I will mail once I get your physical address.

As for your bruise and mouth-drillin' -- I feel your pain. When I had mine taken out, all four were impacted, and they dropped one down my throat. Oh, and I woke up briefly when they were reaching down my friggin' esophagus. That was nice.

I didn't get vikadin though, they gave me some type of opiate -- I thought my dad was Bill Cosby doing the "Dudes on Dope" routine. Hmm. Glad that's over. Good luck with the healin'!

Popular Posts